Berkshire Peregrine Survey 2023
2 March 2023 | Patrick Crowley
I am very grateful to the many birders who helped our survey in 2022 by reporting Peregrines around the county. Six known pairs of Peregrines were monitored, and four pairs raised fledged young, which may be a record, at least in recent years. In 2023 we want to:
- Continue to monitor the known pairs of Peregrines
- Follow up as many reports of other Peregrines as possible
- Continue to look for Peregrines on tall buildings, churches or pylons.
We are asking birders to please continue to report all Peregrine sightings on Berksbirds.co.uk, or report them to Marek Walford on email@example.com, and myself on firstname.lastname@example.org, particularly for confidential sites.
- If possible, include information on any distinctive markings, size, missing feathers, or the presence of rings etc, to help identify individual birds.
- Note that reports will not show up on Berksbirds.co.uk from March 15 th to August 15 th , but Marek Walford and I will be able to see them.
If you feel you can help with searching for Peregrines, please do get in touch with me, Thank you for your help.