Review of rare birds in Berkshire in 2015
16th February 2016 | Marek Walford
This report only covers offical rarities reported in Berkshire in 2015. These records may not have been verified or subjected to scrutiny by the relevant rarities committee. Reports of possibles/probables have been excluded. Every effort has been made to ensure the information is correct but if you notice any mistakes please let me know.
- Spencers Wood, 21st December (D. W. Hampton).
Cattle Egret : Spencers Wood (D. W. Hampton)
Great White Egret
- Lea Farm GP, 18th September (A. Rymer, B. Bennett).
- Lower Farm GP, 21st September (I. Weston).
- Bray GP, male, 25th November into 2016 (C. D. R. Heard).
Ring-necked Duck : Bray GP (M. F. Walford)
- Dinton Pastures CP, male, 6th December into 2016 (F. J. Cottington).
Ferruginous Duck : Dinton Pastures CP (S. Day)
- Wishmoor Bottom, two, 30th April (N. Rampton).
- Queen Mother Reservoir, 20th November (P. J. Newbound).
Purple Sandpiper : Queen Mother Reservoir (M. J. McKee)
- Theale GPs, female, 31st May (A. V. Lawson).
Red-necked Phalarope : Theale GPs (M. F. Walford)
- Lower Farm GP, first-winter, 26th December (N. Cleere).
- Lower Farm GP, first-winter, 19th December (A. B. Tomczynski).
- Newbury, 7th October (R. Nurse).
- Kintbury, 6th June, trapped (M. Arbuckle).
Icterine Warbler : Kintbury (M. Arbuckle)
- Moor Green Lakes, 21st November (D. Flack).